Thursday, August 22, 2019
Home > Cabinets In History

Cabinets In History

Ali-Roem-Idham Cabinet

March 24, 1956 to March 14, 1957 *6)

President : Sukarno
1. Prime Minister : Ali Sostroamidjojo
2. First Deputy Prime Minister : Mohammad Roem *1)
3. Second Deputy Prime Minister : KH Idham Chalid
4. Minister of Foreign Affairs : Roeslan Abdulgani *4)
5. Minister of Home Affairs : Soenarjo
6. Minister of Defense ad interim : Ali Sostroamidjojo
7. Minister of Justice : Muljatno
8. Minister of Information : Soedibjo *5)
9. Minister of Finance : Jusuf Wibisono
10. Minister of Economy : Burhanuddin
11. Junior Minister of Economy : FF Umbas
12. Minister of Agriculture : Eny Karim
13. Junior Minister of Agriculture : Sjech Marhaban *5)
14. Minister of Transportation : Suchjar Tedjasukmana
15. Junior Minister of Transportation : AS de Rozari
16. Minister of Public Works and Energy : Pangeran Mohammad Nur
17. Minister of Agrarian Affairs : AA Suhardi
18. Minister of Social Affairs : KH Fattah Jasin
19. Minister of Labor : Sabilal Rasjad
20. Minister of Education and Culture : Sarino Mangunpranoto
21. Minister of Health : H. Sinaga
22. Minister of Religious Affairs : KH Iljas
23. State Minister of General Affairs : KH Rusli Abdul Wahid *2)
24. State Minister of Veteran Affairs : Dahlan Ibrahim *3)
25. Minister of Planning : Djuanda

*1) Mohammad Roem, Jusuf Wibisono, Muljatno, Soechjar Tedjasukmana, Pangeran Nur were honorably discharged on Jan. 9, 1957. They were replaced by Djuanda, Sunarjo, AA Suhardi, who kept their respective posts as well.
*2) KH Rusli Abdulwahid was dismissed on Jan. 15, 1957.
*3) Dahlan Ibrahim was honorably discharged on Dec. 26, 1956.
*4) Roeslan Abdulgani was dismissed from his post as foreign affairs minister. He was replaced by Ali Sastroamidjojo, who kept his post as prime minister.
*5) Sudibjo and Sjech Marhaban were honorably discharged from their posts. KH Idham Chalid was appointed minister of information in the interim and kept his post as second deputy prime minister.
*6) The Cabinet was dissolved on March 14, 1957.
Close